Sunday, February 26, 2012

Great read:

What did you do yesterday? I read Stephanie Meyer's The Host for 12 hours STRAIGHT. I started at 1 p.m. and finished at 1:15 a.m. Yes, it was THAT good. Awesome, really. It's also 619 pages long! I couldn't put it down, and yesterday was the perfect day to read: the kids were out of the house, the hubby was out doing some shopping, a fresh 6 inches of snow covered the ground. Just me and the cats curled up on the couch.

I loved this book, loved the suspense, the characters, the otherworldly touches. I cried several different times (6 or 7, maybe more) and felt completely immersed in this world. Such an amazing feat, imo, to be able to create a foreign, yet believable, world. And being able to lose myself so thoroughly, so completely in a story is pure, unadulterated joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment