Sunday, March 23, 2014

Saving Lola

It saddens me to realize that I've not added an entry here since last December, but the truth is that my life has been extraordinarily difficult over the past 6 months, all to do with a personal situation I'm not yet ready to talk about here. But I will one day, hopefully sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, I have some good news to share... my story "Saving Lola" has been accepted by The Summerset Review. I am thrilled, thrilled, thrilled! This is a long story (nearly 7500 words) and some of my writer friends gently suggested that I find a way to cut it down to the more acceptable 5000 word range. But I held fast (some might label it stubbornness) that the length was needed and earned; I believed in the story and am pleased beyond words that Joe Levens at The Summerset Review agreed with my vision. "Saving Lola" will go live in their next edition due out in June. Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment