Sunday, February 21, 2016

A Long Absence

Things have gotten complicated... FaceBook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Flickr, etcetera, etcetera. Truth be told, the only social media I engage with is FaceBook, and even then, it's not uncommon for several weeks go by without a new post from me. I just barely have a functioning LinkedIn presence and, while I have accounts with Pinterest and Flickr, months go by before I even think about logging in. Sort of like my blog, here. I meant to stay current, to add quick entries as things happened (and things DID happen on the publishing front), but it's been a year since my last post, so it clearly didn't go as intended. Okay, confession over.

Publishing news:

Two photos of mine "Keeler - Population 50" and " Chive Seed Pods in Yellow-Violet" appeared in the Summer 2015 issue of Apeiron Review. I was really thrilled to get the news! You can view them here: link, pages 59 and 66, respectively.

My short story "Prison-Orange Bandolinos" appeared in the Spring 2015 issue of r.kv.r.y. quarterly literary journal. You can read it here: story link. I love this journal and really admire the editor-in-chief, Mary Akers for lots of reasons, not the least of which is her writing. I feel honored to be included.

I won't make any promises about frequent posts, long absences, or summer being right around the corner. But I can say that I've recently dusted off my camera again, so I'm taking that as a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment