Sunday, November 29, 2009

Feathered fun

I love watching birds (I know... it sounds slightly little old ladyish but what can I say?) and have several feeders in my back yard. One of these days I'm going to figure out how to put up houses for nesting...

Below are some pictures I took over the past few weeks:



A male downy woodpecker













Blue jays at a peanut feeder. I've seen as many as 8 at a time hanging around, waiting their turn.








Black-capped chickadees












A male cardinal

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, and I'm right there with you; I also enjoy watching birds, and I'm proud of the pastime :-) If more people did it, it would be a better world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Ethel, a kindred spirit! My kids think I'm a little bonkers, especially when I run outside in my bathrobe to scare the crows away from the peanut feeder - Ha.

    ReplyDelete