Sunday, May 15, 2011

Great read:

I've just finished reading Ellen Meister's The Other Life and I loved it. LOVED it! I couldn't put it down. It's got everything a great story is supposed to have: conflict, characters you care about, tension, an engaging plot line. And the premise is simply outstanding: a portal exists (several, in fact) that allows Quinn to cross timelines and pop out on the other side and into an alternate life, the one that continued on even though she chose B instead of A. Like a parallel universe. The sci-fi slant is simply delicious, my kind of sci-fi, where it's creative and different and possible without being totally over-the-top ridiculous. I cried a couple of times and, nope, I'm not ashamed to admit it! It moved me - just as great fiction is supposed to.

I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katrina!

    Yes, it was wonderful, wasn't it? I'm still thinking about it, finding bits and pieces of Quinn's life surfacing into my awareness as I go about my days. Love when a story has that sort of impact on me.

    ReplyDelete